- How do we collect information from you?
- Purposes for processing your personal data
- Sharing your information
- Storing your personal data
- Data retention
- Your rights
- How you can contact us
CEG is the controller of your personal data via our Website pursuant to the EU General Protection Regulation 2016/679.
Communications via our Website: We collect personal data when you provide it to us through communications via our Website. This includes where you have contacted us through the channels listed on the Website and situations in which you have chosen to provide the information to us, including, for example, for recruitment purposes.
Services you request: Where you request a service from us, we will collect your personal data in order to process your request and otherwise contact you following such a request.
The type of personal data we may collect includes identity data (including name), contact data (email address), country, location, language preference, and any other personal data you provide to use via the “sign up to newsletter” button on the Website.
We process any personal data you provide to us to enable us to perform a contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you, to ensure compliance with local legal and regulatory requirements and for the purposes of our legitimate business interests, including:
- to enable us to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to enable us to respond to an enquiry or other request you make when you contact us via our Website;
- to comply with our legal obligations, standards, policies and procedures;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to enable us to issue a notice or corrective action to you in relation to any of our services, if required;
- to better understand how you interact with our Website, including its functionality and features, and ensure that content is presented in the most effective; and
- To provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about and we feel may interest you, as described in the “Marketing” section below.
We may also use your personal data to send you marketing-related information (such as newsletters) from CEG where it is linked to the service we are providing you. You may at any time unsubscribe by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each marketing communication.
Please note that where you opt out of receiving marketing communications, we may still send you certain communications relating to your use of our services, such as service announcements, notices about information on the services and administrative messages.
We may share your personal data with:
- our affiliated companies;
- Government bodies and agencies in the UK and overseas to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- a prospective seller or buyer in the event of a sale or purchase of any CEG business or asset so that the buyer can continue to provide you with information and services;
- our service providers that we engage to provide services for us. Where we provide your personal data to third party services providers, they are required to keep your personal data confidential and secure, and must only use your personal data as instructed by us; and
- our distributors, business partners, or other service providers, including for marketing purposes or where you have chosen to share your personal data through various features and functionality provided via our Website.
Your personal data collected via our Website will be stored on servers located in the UK.
We have implemented appropriate safeguards, to protect your personal data when it is transferred outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), including the execution of data transfer agreements with recipients of the information. For access to copies of these agreements please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by email. We will process any request in line with any local laws and our policies and procedures.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
You may inform us of any changes in your personal data, and in accordance with our obligations under applicable data protection laws, we will update or delete your personal data accordingly.
If you are located in the EEA, you may have the right to: (a) request access to personal data we hold about you; (b) request we correct any inaccurate personal data we hold about you; (c) request we delete any personal data we hold about you; (d) restrict the processing of personal data we hold about you; (e) object to the processing of personal data we hold about you; and/or (f) where we process your personal data to fulfil a contract between us, receive any personal data we hold about you in a structured and commonly used machine-readable format or have such personal information transmitted to another company.
We may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, before disclosing information requested to you.
To exercise any of your rights in connection with your personal data, please contact us by email at [email@example.com]. We will process any request in line with any local laws and our policies and procedures. If you are located in the EEA, you have the right to lodge a complaint about how we process your personal data with the supervisory authority in your country.
If you have any questions about the processing of personal data via this Website, please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org . If you contact us, we will do our utmost best to address any concerns you may have about our processing of your personal data.
A cookie is a small data file that is placed on your computer or mobile device by your web browser. It is a tool that stores information about website visits, recognizes you and your preferences each time you visit our website, and ensures website functionality and enables us to provide the service which our customers request.
- you may encounter cookies from our third party service providers, that we have allowed on our website that assist us with various aspects of our website operations and services.
- you also may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the websites that we do not control and have not authorized. For example, if you view a web page posted as a link from our website, there may be a cookie placed by that web page.
We use various types of cookies, including session cookies, persistent cookies, local shared objects, pixels, gifs and other tracking technologies, such as third party tags, session and persistent technologies, first and third-party cookies. Cookies can be persistent by remaining on your computer until you delete them or be based on your browsing session where they delete once you close your browser. First party cookies are used and controlled by us to provide services on the website.
- What cookies do we use?
- Strictly necessary cookies: these are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. Without these cookies, the services you have asked for cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies: also known as “analytical” cookies. These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the sites when they are using them. For example, they allow us to understand which pages are visited most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
- Functionality cookies: these cookies are necessary for our website to operate and allow us to remember what choices you make and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Advertising and marketing cookies: these cookies are used to send you advertising and marketing-related material tailored to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers.
- Google Analytics
This Website uses Google Analytics to collect information about how users use the Website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the Website will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. In case IP-anonymization is activated on this Website, your IP address will be partially used within the European Union or just in the European Economic Area if it is used by other parties. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the United States, and then shortened so it is only partially used there. The IP-anonymization is active on this Website.
Alternatively, you can opt-out from being tracked by Google Analytics in the future by clicking on the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Opting out of cookies
You may control and block the cookies used by the website by modifying the settings in your internet browser (for example Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox) or on your device which allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser or device settings to block all cookies you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
For more information and how cookies they can be managed and deleted please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ or http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.